Dedicated New York Attorneys Focus on Family Law
Rochester law firm assists with divorce, custody and support issues
The attorneys at Dentino, Cammarata & Fazio, LLP in Rochester, New York have the experience and empathy needed to handle all aspects of family law matters. Our three-attorney firm aims to reduce the stress these situations often cause by giving clients the confidence that comes from knowing they have competent, committed representation.
Help with matters concerning your children
Our attorneys have vast experience providing guidance to clients throughout legal matters that will affect their children, including:
- Child custody and visitation rights — Issues involving children can be some of the most contentious elements in a divorce. Our attorneys are skilled at negotiating these matters and showing what is in the best interests of the young people caught in the middle.
- Child support — Both parents are required to continue to support their children and provide them health insurance coverage after a divorce, but usually the parent who doesn’t have physical custody must provide child support to the parent with whom the children live. The amount depends primarily upon the parents’ combined income and resources and the number of children they need to care for. We can help you determine who is required to pay what.
We know that trying to obtain child custody, visitation rights or child support can weigh heavily on our clients’ minds, so we respond promptly and address their concerns to give them one less thing to worry about.
Protecting your finances now and for the future
After the well-being of the children involved, the next most concerning aspect of a divorce is usually finances. We can help you navigate these monetary aspects of your divorce, whether it is contentious or collaborative:
- Distribution of personal property, bank accounts, stocks and other assets — New York is an equitable distribution state, meaning that with few exceptions, property acquired during a marriage is divided fairly, though not necessarily equally, upon divorce.
- Division of marital debts — Under New York’s equitable distribution rules, debts incurred during the marriage are considered marital in nature and are divided in the same manner as marital assets upon divorce.
- Spousal support and temporary support — In New York, spousal support is called maintenance, which can be ordered temporarily until the divorce is finalized and for a term that is nondurational (for life) or durational (for a fixed period of time to allow the receiving spouse to become self-supporting) after a divorce is final. It normally terminates if the receiving spouse remarries or habitually lives with someone as though they were married.
Divorcing New Yorkers and those who need assistance with spousal or child support, child custody or visitation, or a related issue can rely on us to look after their best interests.
Contact an informed New York family law firm today
At Dentino, Cammarata & Fazio, LLP in Rochester, New York, we offer compassionate, experienced family law representation. Call us at 585-532-6646 or contact us online to schedule your initial consultation today.